We offer you the opportunity to craft your own wedding service within the Holy Matrimony service, reflective of your character as a couple.
St John's provides a beautiful setting for weddings. You can view the interior of our church here.
You are welcome to marry at St John's whatever your beliefs, whether or not you are christened and whether or not you regularly go to church.
You can marry at St John's church if you can show:-
That one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised at St John's or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services at St John's for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married at St John's
Use these links to go to popular pages on the Church of England's website: